Despite the noticeable uptake in new-fangled payment methods in recent years, Visa online casinos are still in great demand. As well as being one of the most traditional ways to make both online and offline purchases, almost everyone has a Visa card of some description, be it a debit or credit card. So, rather than having to pop out to your local shop to buy a pre-paid card or create a new e-wallet account with a merchant such as Paypal, Skrill or Neteller, all you need to do is reach into your pocket or wallet and locate your Visa card.
VISA ONLINE CASINOS 2018
Why Visa online casinos are so popular
The main reason why many people prefer to join a Visa debit online casino over those that typically offer other payment types is because Visa is a trusted name that dates back to 1958 in Bank of America in Fresno, California. The card system was subsequently licensed to nationwide and global banks, making it one of the popular payment cards in history by the 1970s.
Since the rise of the internet and online shopping, debit and credit cards have enabled us to purchase goods and services both easily and quickly from the comfort of our own homes. Debit cards also have the benefit of allowing us to withdraw money from ATMs worldwide.
When the first Visa online casinos launched in the 1990s, UK players flocked to take advantage, and many of these players still choose to use their credit and debit cards to enjoy games online to this day.
How we can help hook you up with the best Visa online casinos
It’s highly unusual for any online casino to not offer Visa as a banking option, so you’ll find a myriad of Visa debit online casino brands to choose from. However, not all of these online casinos are fully licensed and regulated for UK players, offer good customer service and a well-rounded selection of games, or have fair terms and conditions.
As keen players ourselves, the Thumbs Up Bonus team has years of experience in navigating the pitfalls of web-based gaming. As beginners, both we and fellow players have signed up with sites that have taken aeons to pay out winnings, encountered sloppy or unreliable customer support, and tried out games that appear to be stacked against players. It’s through both our bad and good experiences over the years that have made us experts in the field of online casinos. So, you can count on us to help you avoid similar negative stories by pointing you towards only the best Visa casinos for UK players.
No stone goes unturned when it comes to our approach to reviewing and subsequently rating the Visa debit online casino brands that we come across. And, because we always have our ear to the grapevine, you can rely on us to give you the low-down on all of the latest casino sites.
The biggest benefits of paying by Visa
- As we mentioned earlier, nearly all of us own or have access to a debit card, which means you won’t encounter any delays when looking to fund your casino account;
- You’re not restricted to using your card at online casinos. You can also use your card to buy everything from your grocery shopping and summer holiday to clothes and restaurant meals. You can also use your card abroad.
- Visa is a freely available payment method at online casino sites, so you won’t struggle to find great brands that accept this type of banking option;
- You can make fast, secure, and reliable deposits and withdrawals online, and if you’re enrolled in the Verified by Visa system, you’ll have even better levels of payment and anti-fraud protection. Plus, because transactions are processed instantly, you won’t have to wait around before you can start playing with your funds.
- Some debit and credit card providers offer their customers cashback when they pay for goods and services online. So, you might be able to make extra cash simply by playing your favourite games.
- You can usually deposit and withdraw larger amounts than other banking methods such as Pay by Mobile, Paysafecard, and Entropay.
Visa Casinos The disadvantages
As with most payment methods, there can be a few downsides to using a debit or credit card online, and not just at Visa online casinos.
- While debit card transactions are usually fee-free, some card providers and casino operators may charge you for making deposits and/or withdrawals to your credit card;
- Withdrawals to cards are typically not as fast as e-wallets;
- If your card details fall into the wrong hands, your financial details could be compromised.
Claiming welcome bonuses at Visa online casinos
Many players choose to play at sites that offer rewards for new players, which are typically referred to as welcome bonuses or welcome packages (N.B., the latter usually consists of multiple bonuses). Sadly, the terms and conditions of such promotions often bar Neteller, Skrill, and Paypal users from claiming such deals. Luckily, Visa accepting casinos almost always let you claim welcome bonuses when you choose to fund your account with a debit card.
As you can see from the list of highly recommended Visa accepting casinos on this page, there are many generous bonus offers to choose from. Depending on how much you add to your account when making your first deposit, you could potentially claim hundreds of pounds of free bonus funds!
So, now that we’ve made you aware of all the great reasons why Visa is an excellent choice of payment method to use when gambling online (plus a few drawbacks), why not start checking out some of the brands listed on this page? We’ve made it easy for you to compare the different special offers that are currently available for new players, and provided a rating out of five so that you can see at a glance exactly how good we believe each site is. Simply click the “Visit” link next to the casino that you’d like to find out more about, and we’ll direct you straight to the sign-up page.