Boku is a payment method that allows you to charge items to your mobile phone. You can use it in more than sixty-five countries including much of Europe, and as you can imagine, it can be incredibly handy to use if you enjoy playing at online casinos.
Nowadays, there are an increasing number of gambling sites that accept Boku, and it’s become hugely popular with players due to it being so easy to use, as well as safe and secure as you don’t need to provide any debit or credit card details to the online casino, poker, sports betting, or bingo sites.
Boku has been around since 2009 and is owned by a Californian company. At sites that accept Boku, you’ll often see it referred to as “Pay by Mobile” which is the most accurate way of describing how it works.
To provide consumers with an improved and more valuable mobile experience, most mobile operators strive to offer more than just voice and data. Therefore, several UK mobile network companies have partnered with Boku to allow phone owners to pay by mobile phone billing. There are other online major businesses who also offer Pay by Phone to users, including Facebook, Apple, Google, PlayStation, X-Box, Spotify, and Microsoft, so you’re not restricted to just using this form of payment method at gambling sites that accept Boku. Most of the transactions that Boku processes are for virtual and digital goods, and many of them are handled by UK online casinos that accept Boku.
Where to find the best online sites that accept Boku
Here’s where Thumbs Up Bonus comes into its own, because we’ve tracked down some of the very best and most trustworthy gambling sites that accept Boku and welcome UK players.
We can also show you which popular casino brands offer new customers no-deposit (sign-up) and welcome bonuses. So, if there are any unmissable deals to be had, you can bet we’ll help you find them quickly and easily.
Thumbs Up Bonus has thoroughly researched each of the sites that appear on our recommended list. So, you can rest assured that they all hold the necessary UK gambling license, and take security and fairness very seriously.
There are both desktop and mobile casinos to choose from, but depending on which sites you join, funding your account using Pay by Phone doesn’t necessarily restrict you to only playing on your phone as your account balance will be the same if you swap between your mobile and desktop.
Best Casinos that accept Boku
How to get started with sites that accept Boku
If you’re keen to use Pay by Phone to fund your online playing experience, there are a few things that you’ll need to arrange in advance before you can start funding your account at casino sites that accept Boku.
Firstly, you’ll need to have a mobile phone account with one of the network carriers that the system supports such as O2, T Mobile, and Vodafone. Secondly, you’ll want to find one or more recommended casino sites that accept Boku as a form of payment. You’ll find many such casinos listed on this page. So, if you wish to save yourself a lot of time and hassle, why not check out our recommendations right now?
If you’re on a Pay Monthly contract, any deposits that you make will be charged to your next monthly phone bill whereas if you’re a Pay As You Go (PAYG) customer, you’ll need sufficient credit to be able to fund your deposit.
Once you’ve found some great gambling sites that accept Boku, simply create an account (and don’t forget to claim your welcome bonus if there’s one that’s available to first-time deposits using this form of payment method), head to the cashier or banking section. Select Boku (or Pay by Phone) from the available options and enter the amount that you wish to deposit. Once you’ve submitted your deposit request, you’ll typically be asked to enter your mobile phone number. Next, you’ll receive a text that includes a confirmation code which you’ll need to enter to complete your transaction. After you’ve followed these steps, your chosen amount should be reflected in your online casino account.
The advantages of joining sites that accept Boku
- If you don’t have a credit or debit card, or you do, but you don’t wish to use it to fund your online casino account for security or personal reasons, Pay by Phone is ideal. You’re not required to enter any financial information into the cashier – only your phone number. So, the risk of online fraud is incredibly low.
- Boku is very convenient, particularly if you plan on playing at sites that accept Boku on your smartphone as you’ll have your mobile phone on your person the majority of the time. There are a vast number of mobile casinos out there that welcome UK players. So, adding funds before enjoying some quality time with top slots, table games, and live dealer games makes perfect sense.
- Boku doesn’t charge you to use its service. Instead, it takes a cut from the mobile network carrier. So, if you deposit £10 using mobile phone billing, £10 is exactly what you’ll see reflected in your online casino account balance.
- If you’re a mid to high-stakes player, you may find Pay by Phone too restrictive for your budget. This is because there are safeguards in place that prevent you from charging more than £30 in a single transaction.
- Another reason why Boku isn’t right for everyone is that you can’t make withdrawals to it. Rather than being a failure in the system, it’s more a practicality, as you cannot fund your phone bill or top up your Pay As You Go credit with online casino winnings. However, with this in mind, most casino sites that accept Boku want to make it as easy as possible for you to withdraw your funds. They usually allow you the option of cashing out via credit or debit card, bank transfer, cheque, or e-wallet (e.g. Paypal, Skrill, and Neteller).