How Many Decks Are Used in Online Blackjack is a key question when playing blackjack and it’s extremely important to know the answer before playing. This is a question that has more than one answer, as there are several types available to play.
The usual amount of decks used in blackjack is between six and eight in a shoe.
Increased decks were introduced to increase house edge and to discourage card counters. Even though its virtually impossible to count cards when playing blackjack online. It is said that online blackjack is a lot fair due to how many decks in blackjack are used, as it is software running the games and not real life people who are able to split in more decks.
Every online casino and game software provider differ on how many decks in blackjack.
How many decks in online blackjack?
Below we’ll show you how many decks are used in online blackjack per individual game.
- Classic Blackjack – one deck
- Multi Hand Blackjack – five decks
- Blackjack Switch – six decks
- Pontoon Blackjack – eight decks
- Double Exposure Blackjack – six decks
- Super Fun 21 Blackjack – one Deck
- European Blackjack – two decks
- Spanish 21 Blackjack – eight decks (with the 10s removed)
- Atlantic City Blackjack – eight Decks
- Vegas Strip Blackjack – four decks
We hope this has answered your question in a little more detail – Find about more about the types of blackjack listed above here